Benefits of the area: A very walkable town with many stores and services available
- Farmers markets, farm vendors, grocery stores, a health food store and pharmacies
- Many parks and playgrounds, including Gibson park with accessible equipment for disabled children and outdoor fitness equipment for adults
- Catholic and public schools, French immersion, preschools and a library
- Banks, a credit union and a full-service post office.
- A Lion’s Club and a Legion. Many nearby Optimists and Rotary clubs. A horticultural society
- Many churches with large, active congregations
- Fitness centres offering swimming lessons, hockey, and many fitness classes like aquafit and spin, also a cross-fit gym and a dedicated synchronized swimming facility. Dance and Gymnastics lessons for kids. Golf and curling. Several runs and triathlons are hosted at the Woolwich Memorial Centre.
- Kissing Bridge Trail for walking, running, cycling.
- Coffee shops, Chinese restaurants, pizza and fast food.
- Elmira Theatre Company
- Car share, gas stations, car washes, service stations and body shops
- Chiropractors, dentists, audiologists, physiotherapy all available in Elmira
Nearby places of interest: St Jacobs, Elora, Fergus, West Montrose and Drayton for unique dining, shopping, theatre and scenery.